5 Dog Grooming Tips That Every Dog Owner Should KnowPetChatz
5 Dog Grooming Tips That Every Dog Owner Should Know
To be able to groom your dog efficiently, it is primarily essential to know and understand the whole process and keep the equipment at hand.
It is also important to remember that grooming your dog regularly will not only add to its aesthetic appeal but also keep it healthy and happy.
If your dog’s coat is left unclean, there could be pest infestations that involve a whole lot of trouble. The first step in the grooming process is to know the breed of your dog and find out its exact requirements.
Listed below are 5 grooming tips that every dog owner should be aware of.
- Keeping The Equipment Handy
Not all breeds of dogs require the same type of equipment. Dogs with shorter coats have different needs when compared with the ones with longer coats. Some of the important equipment that you should keep at hand are:
- Bristle brush: a bristle brush can be used for both short coats as well as long coats. This brush is used to remove finer dirt from your dog’s coat.
- Dog clippers: clippers that are meant especially for dogs come along with snap-on attachments that have more precision than your regular barber clippers.
- Slicker brush: if you have a long coat dog then this type of brush will help remove matted and tangled hair.
- Rubber brush: these are meant for short-haired dogs.
- Pet vacuum: to scoop up those dog furs that are caught on the furniture around the house
- Brushing Regularly
The best way to ensure that there are no tangles on your dog’s coat is to brush regularly. It is a wise idea to start brushing at an early age so that your dog gets accustomed to the process. This will lead to better co-operation from his end while you brush and groom his coat.
- Choosing the right shampoo
It is an absolute no-no to use human shampoo on dogs. A dog’s coat is different from that of a human and has different requirements. This is why it is advisable to use a dog shampoo for the best results. If you have a white dog, you could use a shampoo that enhances its skin color and removes dirt and tear stains. For allergies, you could use a medicinal shampoo that keeps the skin conditioned. You can also use all-natural shampoos that are not scented and are thus better suited for your canine’s skin.
- Clipping of Nails
A pair of heavy-duty clippers that have snap-on attachments is well-suited for canines. Always pay attention to how the color of your dog’s skin changes while you are clipping them. The part that becomes pink in color should be left as it is or else your dog’s nail bed might be injured.
- Hiring Professional Services
You could hire professional dog grooming services once in a while. This is especially beneficial when you need to give your dog a good message to help it feel relaxed. Additionally, a groomer will always have appropriate supplies of grooming. They can also give your dog a haircut if need be. You could also receive valuable tips on grooming from an expert.