This Month, This Week : July 2016PetChatz
- With the Independence Day Holiday approaching, it is time to remember that not all pets react well to loud noises (and quite frankly, not all people do either!!). Let’s celebrate safe this summer (and remember why we celebrate this time of year) and make sure our furry friends are safe. The PetChatz system will allow you to monitor noise levels at home and you can call when extreme weather is in the area to help ease your pet’s anxiety. Here are a couple of products that might help if you are out and about this 4th of July – or anytime your chums are with you for fireworks. Apparel is an emerging way to comfort your pet – and the Mad Chatter likes this solution: Calmz. For something to give your pet, we prefer natural products like this product from PetNaturals. Warning – obvious product shill ahead…we also recommend that you maximize the scent feature of your PetChatz system – every call will diffuse a calming scent for your homebound buddies.
- Warm Weather – we know that most folks try to maximize their time outside in the summer (as most of you know, PetChatz is a Minnesota based company so we really have to make sure we do this) and, just like people, animals can become dehydrated. Make sure you take plenty of water for you and, more importantly, plenty of water (and a bowl of some sort) so your constant companion can stay hydrated. Here are a few things to watch for if you think your dog is becoming dehydrated (these are early signs – if you see them get water introduced quickly and head home):
- Visibly tired Slowed pace
- Less animation
- Excessive panting, signs of warmth
- Changes in attitude (i.e. appears more apprehensive)
- Eyes appear sunken and lack moisture
- Dry mouth, gums, nose
- Follow PetChatz on Facebook – we have a renewed focus on engaging our fellow pack members via social media. You will see a lot more about our customers and about pets in general. We are focused on sharing more about how our furry friends work (both important stuff and goofy stuff – hey, they wouldn’t be our pets without the goofy part of their personality!!). Come check us out and watch for upcoming news about our Android App and our latest Operating System (2.0). You can find us here: PetChatz FB.